* Cyanos meet the World Wide Web
* Summer course: Organization and Assembly of the Photosynthetic Apparatus
* Positions Sought, Positions Available
* Comings and goings of ourselves
* Utrecht Cyanobacterial Group
* Clue found to mystery of swimming Synechococcus
* Alternative to alternative oxidase
* Codon usage by Synechocystis PCC 6803
* Cyanobacteria quantitated by competitive PCR
* Blue-greens on the rocks
* Nostoc 6720 unmasked!
* Peptide synthetase genes found in toxic Microcystis
* Blue-greens bring death to millions? A possible connection with cholera
* New phylogenetic trees from 16S rRNA
* Cyanobacterial Molecular Biology Workshop
* Cyanobacteriology Seminar for Students
CYANONEWS - a newsletter intended to provide cyanobacteriologists with a forum for rapid informal communication, unavailable through journals. Everything you read in this newsletter is contributed by readers like yourself. Published occasionally, about three times per year.
SUBSCRIPTIONS - $10/year for hard copy version. No charge for electronic version. See last page for details.
CONTRIBUTIONS - Expected every couple of years: a new result, an upcoming meeting or a summary of a past meeting, a post-doctoral opening, a new publication, a request for strains, a change of life... something. See last page for addresses you can send news to.
HOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT SOMETHING YOU READ HERE - Each news item contains, prominently displayed, the name of a contact person. A Directory of Cyanobacteriologists is distributed every two years or on request.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS - Send news.
COPYRIGHT - This newsletter is not copyrighted and no rights are reserved. You are encouraged to reproduce or to transmit any part of this publication by whatever means at your disposal, no permission required.
Cyanonews has been placed on-line to assist in the proliferation of this important document.
Back to Cyanosite